(Home >> Files >> File Manager)
The File Manager is cPanel’s built-in web application for managing and manipulating your website’s files from your personal computer. Most users will feel comfortable using this file management tool.
cPanel provides a number of ways files can be manipulated within the File Manager. Its main interface, the File Manager toolbar, can be seen in the screenshot below.
File Manager Toolbar
- The New File button creates a new file with a user-defined file extension.
- The New Folder button creates a new folder in which files can be stored.
- The Copy function copies selected items to a directory you specify.
- The Move File button allows selected files to be moved to a new directory.
- The Upload button allows new files to be uploaded to a specified directory.
- The Download button downloads selected files to your computer.
- The Delete button deletes selected files from the server.
- The Rename button allows a selected file to be renamed.
- The Edit file opens an editor for the selected text or HTML files.
- The Code Editor button opens a code editor for the selected HTML or PHP files.
- The HTML Editor button opens an editor specifically intended for HTML files.
- The Change Permissions button allows the read/write permissions to be changed for selected files.
- The View button will open the selected files for viewing.
- The Extract button will decompress and extract a compressed file to a specified directory.
- The Compress button will compress selected files to a single
*.tararchive and store the zipped file to a specified directory.
.zipformat will appear within Extract and Compress only if you have Zip installed on your server. Your system administrator will need to install Zip at the command line with the following command:
yum install zip
Note: Certain functions of the File Manager are designed for use with 1 file at a time. Any attempt to rename, edit, or view multiple files at once will open only one file — the file listed first in the directory.
Was this answer helpful?
(Home >> Security >> Leech Protect) Leeching occurs when users publicly post...
(Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager) The SSL and TLS features are intended to...
We use FTP over TLS in order to keep your username and password from being read or seen by...
To add a new email address: Type the email address to be created in the Emailfield. If you...
(Home >> Files >> Backups) The Backups area provides a basic interface for...